Song of the week

Tuesday 27 April 2010

The Lord's prayer

The other day one of my students asked me how we pray the Lord's prayer in English: well, here it is:
"Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil."
By the way, you begin with:
"In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit... Amen..."

2 comments:

Nuria said...

:D :D Hey Bart!
I´m not imagine that you would write a post about my question! :) :)

hahahahaha!

Byee! :)

Gail said...

Hello Bart!

Great blog (as I've said before) and really intersting to read! Thank you!

We'll be in touch,

Gail :-)